Monday, September 28, 2009

Sunday Night Pot Roast

It doesn't get much better than a Sunday night pot roast. I don't know about you but I really struggled with pot roast. It would always turn out dry. Somewhere down the line I tried cooking it the French way with red wine and it turned out well. Not wanting to buy wine every time I must have tried a dozen different ways. The crockpot with cream of mushroom turns out pretty well and you don't have to do much. Last night we went back to the French version from Cooks Illustrated. It is pretty good. The reduction of wine does make me kinda nauseated though. It filled the entire house kinda like when I deep fry fries. It's funny how cooking a full on meal makes me feel better but whenever I'm in a bad mood I won't cook. It is possible for my bad mood to transfer to the food. They always say cook with love and it taste better. Although some recipes can't be helped with all the love in the world.