Saturday, July 3, 2010

Challenge #2 - The Couch to 5K run.

So, as most of you know the special k challenge didn't work so great for me. 1 - I didn't lose any weight. 2 - I was not happy with eating cereal. 3 - I feel it was a waste of time.

A few days ago I was watching TV (surprise, surprise) and the Julian show came on. I was so motivated after watching it Matt and I went for a run. It wasn't very pretty. No wonder why I have gained 40 pounds since high school. I'm not afraid to admit it. I was 90 and now I'm 130. Granted I don't want to be 90 again but 120 would be nice. I'm shooting for 110 by Thanksgiving.

My goal is the turkey trout. (http://www.thetrot.org) It is a 5K.

How am I going to get there. A while back I heard about this couch to 5K site. (http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml)

Wish me luck. I'm heading out for my first workout.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Good Luck!!! I am sure you will conquer this one! I would love to join you next year when I'm not preggo! I need/will need to loose lots of weight after this baby comes!

Anonymous said...

I know you can do it! Do they have a walk too? I bet they have a cool t-shirt!

Kristen said...

I think walkers are welcome too!