Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Yard Work

Last weekend Matt and I worked on the front yard. It looks amazing if I do say so myself. Matt and a few neighbors rented a machines to air-raid the grass. After that we picked up a lot of leaves and old mulch. Matt cut a new bed line. Then we put in new mulch. I love the new lines. Who would have known that would make such a difference. I counted 5 lowes trips in all. Crazy huh? We also got lantana for my bucket in the back. I think I have a plan for parts of the backyard. I am dying to get a redbud for the backyard. So, I'm going to put it on the street side in the corner with monkey grass and flowers. Then between the sidewalk and house I want to plant some green plants and pink flowers.

Ooo, I also got a new bike this weekend that is awesome. I call it my low rider. (It is one of those comfort ones...I swear it is cute). I hate how mountian bikes feel so I thought I'd try this out.

Matt and I are planning a camping trip to the four corners (Mesa Verde) this summer. I can't wait. We are also going to visit his family. Matt's cousins had babies so we finally get to meet them. It is going to be awesome. I can't wait to get out in nature. I wanted to camp in the backyard this weekend but it looks like it is going to rain. So I'm thinking about pulling out my paint brushes again. Maybe try a new crockpot recipe for ckn n dumplins.

We did get our tickets for the Rough Riders this weekend. I'm so excited. It is probably one of my favorite things to do. It's just so relaxing and fun.

No comments: