Sunday, October 25, 2009

Dracula

Last night we went to go see Dracula at the new Opera House in Downtown Dallas. It was a great experience. When we arrived the parking couldn't have been easier. I must admit I'm a little afraid of heights. So, as we walked up the stairs I freaked out a bit. Then our seats were right on the edge which are great b/c there are no distracting heads in front of you but boy was it scary. As the lights dimmed this huge chandelier was taken to the catwalk area. Everyone applaud. When the host came on he said I've never been upstaged by a chandelier before then just stood there and watched it go up up and away. It really set the stage for something magical. Then the musicians came out and the movie began. It was really spectaular. I hadn't seen/read Dracula before let alone the old b&w one which is the one they played. It wasn't to scary; it was even comical at times. The orchestra really made it special and brought a whole dimension to the atmosphere. The guy that composed it was even there. I was expecting a lot of mistakes at the House since the whole Texas Stadium fiasco, but it all ran pretty smoothly. Sorry I forgot to charge my mini camera to take pics. I did wear my cowboy boots again and Matt wore a suit. The attire for the night ran from jeans to cocktail so if you ever go just wear what you like.

No comments: