Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Day 5 of Special K

Ok, I'm on day 5 and I haven't lost a pound. Hopefully it is just because I'm gaining muscles :) I have been bike riding, walking, yoga, and using the wii fit. When I measured myself yesterday I thought I gained an inch but then today I lost half an inch from Saturday. So, who knows if I'm measuring the same each time.

The food is ok. The first few days I was going through some major chip withdraw. Apparently I'm addicted to them. I really like the pretzel bar snack, chocolate shake and berry cereal. I don't like the granola cereal at all. It is just to fat free for me.

This process has been really hard for me. Must be why they call it a challenge. A few things that I hope I can take away are 1) to exercise/do something 30 minutes a day 2) what I snack on 3) what I cook.

Meal tip - divide your plate 1/2 should be salad/veggies, 1/4 lean protein, 1/4 starch. (mine was more like 1/2 fried meat and 1/2 starch)

Snack tip - precut veggies and fruit for a snack throughout the day

Each day seems to get a little better. I'm not as hungry as the day before. Maybe the whole hunger thing was just in my head. I do notice I eat more when I get bored. (like watching tv) I'm going to keep it up until at least this weekend. If I don't see anything change by then I might slowly introduce lunch back.

No comments: